Definition of sand fluke
: a flounder frequenting a sandy bottom: such as
a : smear dab
b : a small flounder (Hippoglossoides platessoides) common on both coasts of the north Atlantic
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?