sal·ta·tor | \ salˈtātə(r), sȯl- \
Definition of saltator
1 capitalized : a large genus of Neotropical birds of relatively large size and plain coloration that are classified with either the finches or the tanagers
2 plural -s : any bird of the genus Saltator
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game