sal·sil·la | \ salˈsilə\
Definition of salsilla
: a tropical American plant of the genus Bomarea especially : one (as B. salsilla or B. edulis) with edible roots that are sometimes boiled and used as a substitute for potatoes
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game