Sal·so·la | \ salˈsōlə\
Definition of Salsola
: a large genus of mostly Old World herbs or shrubs of the family Chenopodiaceae with variously shaped often prickly leaves and small greenish flowers whose 4- to 5-parted perianth remains investing the utricle — see barilla , russian thistle , saltwort
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game