Definition of salic
(Entry 1 of 2)
variants: or less commonly Salique \ ˈsā-lik , ˈsa- ; sa-ˈlēk , sā- \
Definition of Salic (Entry 2 of 2)
: of, relating to, or being a Frankish people that settled on the IJssel River early in the fourth century
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Words We're Watching: 'Samesies'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game