Definition of sales pitch
: a speech that is given in order to persuade someone to buy something We got the whole sales pitch from the car salesman. —sometimes used figuratively It's not clear if voters liked the governor's sales pitch enough to reelect her.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game