Definition of saffron plum
: a buckthorn (Bumelia angustifolia) of southern Florida and the West Indies that is a small often shrubby tree with heavy hard close-grained wood and a sweet edible fruit resembling a small plum
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?