Definition of sacrilegious
- sacrilegious acts
- It is difficult for religiously committed persons to acknowledge that their sacred texts are prone to sacrilegious uses.
- —Mary C. Boys
- It would be sacrilegious to cut down such beautiful trees.
- Chilling your red wines may seem sacrilegious to some, and downright odd to others.
- —Tess Rose Lampert
- In the center of the rich red carpet was a black and gold Louis Quinze table, a lovely antique, now sacrilegiously desecrated with marks of glasses and the scars of cigar-stumps.
- —Arthur Conan Doyle
- … these examples of … insensitivity to (if not sacrilegiousness or profanation of) the deeply held beliefs of some 200 million-plus Americans.
- —Quin Hilyer