sab·ba·tia | \ səˈbāsh(ē)ə, -batēə \
Definition of sabbatia
1 capitalized : a genus of smooth slender North American herbs (family Gentianaceae) with opposite leaves and showy white or rose-pink cymose flowers — see marsh pink
2 plural -s : any plant of the genus Sabbatia — see american centaury
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game