Definition of ruderal
(Entry 1 of 2)
: growing where the natural vegetational cover has been disturbed by humans ruderal weeds of old fields and roadsides
Definition of ruderal (Entry 2 of 2)
: a weedy and commonly introduced plant growing where the vegetational cover has been interrupted
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?