Definition of rubber rabbitbrush
: a rabbitbrush (Ericameria nauseosa synonym Chrysothamnus nauseosus) of western North America that typically grows in poor, dry soils and has flexible hairy stems and clusters of small yellow flowers
Note: When crushed, the narrow leaves of the rubber rabbitbrush emit an odor that may be considered unpleasant.
— called also chamisa, gray rabbitbrush
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game