roy·ale | \ (ˈ)rȯi¦al, (ˈ)rȯ(i)¦yal\
Definition of royale
1 : an egg custard cooked and set in a mold, cut into various shapes when cold, and added as a garnish to clear soups
2 : a changement de pied with a beating together of the legs while in the air
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game