roy·ale | \ (ˈ)rȯi¦al, (ˈ)rȯ(i)¦yal\
Definition of royale
1 : an egg custard cooked and set in a mold, cut into various shapes when cold, and added as a garnish to clear soups
2 : a changement de pied with a beating together of the legs while in the air
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Words We're Watching: 'Samesies'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game