round of applausenoun phrase
Definition of round of applause
: a show of approval or appreciation at a play, speech, sporting event, etc., in which people strike their hands together over and over The audience gave the performers a big round of applause.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game