plural rotls\ -ᵊlz \ also artal\ (ˈ)är¦tal \ or artel\ -tel \
Definition of rotl
: any of various units of weight of Mediterranean and Near Eastern countries ranging from slightly less than one pound to more than six pounds
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?