variants: or rock solid
Definition of rock-solid
: completely or perfectly solid (as because of great strength or dependability) supported by a rock-solid foundation She has a rock-solid reputation. Their relationship was rock solid. … she moved in a an artificial world without ever losing her rock-solid integrity.— Walter Clemons He is right to imply that the political structure is a little shaky—it was a myth that it was ever rock solid.— Xan Smiley
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?