Definition of rock tripe
: any of various dark leathery umbilicate foliose lichens (as of the genus Umbilicaria) that are widely distributed on rocks in boreal and alpine areas and are sometimes used as food
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game