Definition of roasting ear
1 : an ear of young corn roasted or suitable for roasting usually in the husk
2 chiefly Southern US and Midland US : an ear of corn suitable for boiling or steaming
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game