riv·ery | \ ˈriv(ə)rē, -)ri\
Definition of rivery
1 : having many streams of water amid the thresh of weirs in the rivery lands— Louis Golding
2 : of, relating to, or resembling a river a rivery field spread out below— W. B. Yeats rivery pleasures — Times Literary Supplement
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?