ripe old agenoun
Definition of ripe old age
: a very old age They both lived to a ripe old age. —sometimes used humorously She decided at the ripe old age of 23 that she'd learned all there was to know about human nature.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- The Exceptions Quiz III Take the quiz
- Musical Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game