Definition of ring-tailed lemur
: a gray or brownish lemur (Lemur catta) of south and southwestern Madagascar that has a white face with black muzzle and black triangular eye patches and a long tail with alternating bands of black and white
Note: The ring-tailed lemur is less arboreal than other lemurs, spending a good deal of time during the day on the ground.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game