Definition of ring-porous
: having vessels more numerous and usually larger in cross section in the springwood with a resulting more or less distinct line between the springwood and the last season's wood — compare diffuse-porous
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game