Definition of reversis
plural of reversi
1 : a card game in which the player who makes the fewest points and takes the fewest tricks wins
2 : a game for two which is played on a checkerboard with 64 pieces having one color on one side and another on the other and in which if a player can so place his men as to enclose one of the opponent's he may reverse it and use it as one of his own
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game