transitive + intransitive
: to try (something) again to see if it is successful, working, or satisfactory
- He retried downloading the program.
- Turn the device and the router off for at least ten seconds, then turn them back on and retry the connection.
- —Ankit Banerjee
- a restaurant that might be worth retrying
- After a certain number of failed attempts, the system will stop retrying.
: to try (someone or something) judicially for a second time
- Prosecutors decided to retry the case.
- He was retried on the manslaughter charge.