Definition of resting place
1 : a place where people can stop and rest We found a good resting place by the side of the trail.
2 : a place where someone is buried her final/last resting place
3 : a place where something has been put The monument was moved to a new resting place.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game