Definition of restabilize
: to stabilize again : to become stable or steady or to make (something or someone) stable or steady again restabilized the joint restabilized the plane was able to restabilize the patient efforts to restabilize the region/economy/situation His condition restabilized. Even after the crash of 1987, the market restabilized within two years.— Harriette Cole
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game