Definition of respot
- (American football) The clock stops at the end of incomplete pass plays, when a player goes out of bounds, or when a penalty is called. The clock starts again when the ball is re-spotted by an official.
- —Anne Floyd
- (snooker) … due to the even score the black [ball] had to be respotted.
- —Lithgow (Australia) Mercury
- … handles the calls if the bowling balls get stuck or pins need to be respotted, etc.
- —Bill Ryan
- Parker served as the ship's flight deck officer, a position that had to be filled by an aviator. His responsibilities included spotting and respotting planes for take off and landing, and managing the flight deck.
- —Gregory Orear