Definition of resocialize
1 transitive : to socialize (someone or something) again resocializing rescued dogs the need to resocialize former inmates into society Acclimating yourself back into dating culture is going to require some practice. … you need to resocialize yourself and get reacquainted with the way single women interact.— Alexis McKinnis
2 intransitive : to socialize with another or others again "… isolation and loneliness are often the triggers for people to resocialize and make new contacts."— Peter Rabins
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?