res·cue grass | \ ˈre(ˌ)skyü-\
variants: or rescue brome
Definition of rescue grass
: a tall American bromegrass (Bromus catharticus) that somewhat resembles chess and is cultivated for hay and forage in the southern U.S. and other mild regions
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?