Definition of remeasure
: to measure (something or someone) again … were unwilling to conclude definitely that K-2 topped Mount Everest until Everest could be remeasured by the same technique.— John Noble Wilford had his cholesterol levels remeasured The dressmaker measured and remeasured me and pinned pieces of fabric to my limbs and torso.— Zoe Mariott When you get started, measure your waist, hips, upper thighs, and arms, and remeasure every one or two months.— Melina Jampolis
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game