Definition of remarque
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 : a drawn, etched, or incised scribble or sketch done on the margin of a plate or stone and removed before the regular printing
2 : a proof taken before remarques have been removed
Definition of Remarque (Entry 2 of 2)
Erich Maria 1898–1970 American (German-born) novelist
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game