relabeled or relabelled; relabeling or relabelling
Definition of relabel
: to give a new or different label to (something, such as a product) … others say much of the apparent surge in the use of nanotechnology may be the result of companies relabelling their goods to meet consumer preferences.— Geoff Brumfiel I collected their blood and urine and discovered the steroids they were using … were plain old $10 testosterone that had been relabeled.— Victor Conte et al. Feminism was then relabeled as "girl power" in the 90s …— Lucy Scholes
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Bounty Hunter': A Hollywood Invention
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game