relabeled or relabelled; relabeling or relabelling
Definition of relabel
: to give a new or different label to (something, such as a product) … others say much of the apparent surge in the use of nanotechnology may be the result of companies relabelling their goods to meet consumer preferences.— Geoff Brumfiel I collected their blood and urine and discovered the steroids they were using … were plain old $10 testosterone that had been relabeled.— Victor Conte et al. Feminism was then relabeled as "girl power" in the 90s …— Lucy Scholes
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?