Definition of reharmonize
: to harmonize (something) again or anew: such as
a : to provide (something, such as a melody or musical passage) with a different harmony reharmonizing the bridge Another means of reharmonizing a section of a chord progression is to replace a chord with another one that shares common tones with it …— Andrew Jaffe
b : to restore the balance or peace of (something) efforts to reharmonize interactions between departments Through acupuncture, practitioners tried to reharmonize the flow of energy by inserting needles into the skin.— Steven Goldsmith
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game