re·grate | \ rə̇ˈgrāt, rēˈ-\
Definition of regrate
(Entry 1 of 3)
archaic Scottish variant of regret
regratetransitive verb (1)
Definition of regrate (Entry 2 of 3)
1 : to buy up (necessities of life) at a market or fair with the intention of reselling in or near the same place at a profit — compare engross
2 : to sell or dispose of (commodities bought in regrating) usually at retail
Definition of regrate (Entry 3 of 3)
: to remove the outer surface of (masonry) so as to freshen in appearance
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?