Definition of regather
: to gather again or anew: such as
b transitive : to summon up (something, such as one's courage) again … the winner has to regather his energy for the final the next day.— Herbert Warren Wind
c intransitive : to come together anew : to become whole again Storm clouds regathered over the hills. The crowd regathered after the storm.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Bounty Hunter': A Hollywood Invention
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game