Definition of regather
: to gather again or anew: such as
b transitive : to summon up (something, such as one's courage) again … the winner has to regather his energy for the final the next day.— Herbert Warren Wind
c intransitive : to come together anew : to become whole again Storm clouds regathered over the hills. The crowd regathered after the storm.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game