Definition of refloat
: to float (something) again Although there are no plans to refloat the wreck, divers expect to carefully document and remove whatever they can of Franklin's flagship.— Bob Weber New Zealand conservation authorities said 240 pilot whales that were stranded overnight at a remote bay … refloated themselves on Sunday and were swimming offshore. — Reuters Banks were refloated and the US trade deficit returned to its pre-2008 level.— Yanis Varoufakis
Keep scrolling for more
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game