Definition of red gum
1a : any of several Australian eucalyptus trees including one (Eucalyptus camaldulensis) naturalized especially in California
b : the reddish-brown gum of a eucalyptus
2 : sweet gum
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game