recentralized; recentralizing; recentralizes
Definition of recentralize
: to concentrate or become concentrated by returning power that had previously been delegated to regional and local authorities to a central authority To try to ease the crisis, President Peña Nieto has proposed a series of measures that would recentralize power.— Enrique Krauze Every state-by-state fiasco (and there would be many) would bring calls to recentralize …— Ross Douthat
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?