rebaptized; rebaptizing; rebaptizes
Definition of rebaptize
1 : to baptize (someone) again Mormons believe that unless she repents and is rebaptized, she will not be able to join her husband and children in the life after death.— Wallace Turner
2 : to give a new name to (something or someone) : rechristen A street in front of Oprah Winfrey's Harpo Studios in Chicago was rebaptized as Oprah Winfrey Way …— Tirdad Derakhshani
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game