rebaited; rebaiting; rebaits
Definition of rebait
: to furnish (something such as a hook or trap) with fresh bait I rebaited the trap, this time shoving the fish all the way to the rear so the raccoon would have to step past the trigger plate to reach it.— Patrick Durkin The crew rebaited and continued to fish.— Dan Simmons
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Buck Naked' or 'Butt Naked'?
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game