Definition of rearrangement
1 : the act of rearranging something or someone or the state of being rearranged rearrangement of the furniture changes that will require some rearrangement of the schedule … lifting her hands for some rearrangement of her hat.— Henry James
2 chemistry : a shifting of the atoms or groups in the molecule of a compound to form an isomeric compound
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?