Definition of ready-mix
(Entry 1 of 2)
: a combination of ingredients commercially mixed and prepared so as to be sold or delivered in a form requiring the addition of few or no further ingredients before use: such as
a : mix sense 2a
b : a concrete or mortar manufactured for sale or delivery in a plastic state
c : a paint mixed and ready for use
variants: or ready-mixed \ ¦⸗⸗¦⸗ \
Definition of ready-mix (Entry 2 of 2)
: consisting of a ready-mix ready-mixed concrete
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game