readopted; readopting; readopts
Definition of readopt
: to adopt again: such as
a : to take up and practice or use (something) again In recent years, the school has readopted this tradition of burying time capsules for the graduating classes …— Harrison Clifford
b : to formally reaccept and again put into effect (something) … the council opted to readopt the Fiscal 2017 budget with no rate increases and revisit the budget later.— Tamela Baker
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?