readapted; readapting; readapts
Definition of readapt
: to adapt (something or someone) again or to become adapted again … a community debate about whether to demolish or readapt the building.— Bill Dries Her systems creaked and groaned as her instruments readapted to normal space-time.— David Brin
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
- ls ‘Series’ Singular or Plural?
- Triumph, Ovations and Other Words from Ancient Rome
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game