read intophrasal verb
read into; reading into; reads into
Definition of read into
: to think of (something, such as a comment or situation) as having a meaning or importance that does not seem likely or reasonable You're reading too much into her remarks.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game