reacquainted; reacquainting; reacquaints
Definition of reacquaint
: to give (someone) renewed knowledge and experience of something or someone : to make (someone) acquainted again Each Olympic year, it takes a few nights of television to reacquaint yourself with the language of the Olympiad.— Kate Rounds … the painstaking detail of the narrative … should reacquaint a new generation with forgotten truths.— David L. Kirp It would be an interesting and reflective way to reacquaint myself with the scale and beauty of my native land after nearly twenty years of living abroad.— Bill Bryson
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Bounty Hunter': A Hollywood Invention
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game