Definition of rarely/seldom ever
: almost never : rarely We seldom ever dine out these days. She rarely ever drinks wine.
Note: Some people regard rarely ever and seldom ever as incorrect, but these phrase are common in speech and in informal writing.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game