plural rain squalls also rainsqualls
Definition of rain squall
: a sudden, brief, and intense storm of wind and rain : a squall accompanied by rain The weather was almost bad enough to have pleased Omar; we bucketed up and down and to and fro in the rain squalls.— Graham Greene
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game