ra·di·ale | \ ˌrādēˈa(ˌ)lē, -ˈā(-, -ˈä(-\
plural radialia\ -lēə \
Definition of radiale
1a : a bone or cartilage of the carpus that articulates with the radius specifically : the navicular in man
b : a bone in the carpus of a bird made up of the radiale fused with either the intermedium or the centrale
2 : a radial plate of a crinoid
3 : a bone or cartilage distal to the basale and directly supporting a ray in a fish's fin also : actinost
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Buck Naked' or 'Butt Naked'?
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game